Alberta Ghostbusters are collaborating with prop makers from the Ghostbusters: Afterlife movie, Fuse33 Makerspace, Edmonton 3D Prints, Foam Armory, Huffy Unicorn Cosplay, Consolidated Geek, Crafty Geeks, I-Listen Counselling, Longbeard Cosplays, Ardent Props, TK421 Prop Stop, the 501st Legion – Badlands Garrison, LA Sewing, and Along Came Quilting to build products that can help frontline workers in our province.
What can you do?
- We are no longer accepting new requests for products from our catalogue, so we removed the online order form.
- Donate to our GoFundMe campaign to help us cover the cost of materials.
- Donate materials such as PLA filament, fabric, broadcloth, two-hole or fisheye buttons, and sewing elastics.
- Build products for your community at home using our free stereolithography (STL) files, our “scrub-style” cap pattern, or watching an online sewing tutorial video.
- Learn more about our efforts through our media interviews and reports.
- Watch our production videos, including time lapses.
- Help spread the news of our efforts by sharing this #ABCovidbusters Products page, our GoFundMe campaign, and by tagging #ABCovidbusters and @abghostbusters on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Our “ear guards” and “scrub-style” caps will help our frontline heroes. Unfortunately, we no longer accept new requests for these products.
|“Ear Guards” (3D printed)|
|“Ear Guards” (laser cut)|
Build products for your community
- Download our free stereolithography files to build “ear guards” using your own 3D printer.
- Download our free files to build your own “ear guards” using your own laser cutter.
- Download our pattern to help you sew “scrub-style” caps.
- Watch a video tutorial for instructions on how to make your own “scrub-style” caps at home.
Learn more about our efforts
- Alberta Northern Lights Volunteer Recognition Program, “Northern Lights Recipient – Alberta Ghostbusters,” Government of Alberta, 19 November 2020
- Colleen Underwood, “Community space transforms into PPE workshop, filling AHS order for 12,000 face shields,” CBC.ca, 18 May 2020
- Nassima Way, “Calgary : des bénévoles fabriquent 12 000 visières pour le personnel hospitalier,” ICI Radio-Canada, 15 May 2020
- Deb Cummings, “Response of volunteers to Giving Day 2020 has been astounding,” University of Calgary, 15 May 2020
- Alberta Northern Lights Volunteer Recognition Program, “Northern Lights Recipient – Dominic Clark,” Government of Alberta, 14 May 2020
- Ghostbusters Interdimensional Crossrip Podcast, 616 – Steven Hoveke/Co-Founder, Printed in Blood (1:10:50),” Troy Benjamin and Christopher Stewart, Interdimensional Crossrip, 27 April 2020
- The Current, “The Current for April 15, 2020, Part 2: Isolation tips for introverts; Helping the homeless; Marathon training in tight spaces; Grief during the pandemic (1:09:00),” Matt Galloway, CBC Radio, 15 April 2020
- Jesse Modz, “Alberta Ghostbusters Helping Out during COVID-19,” iHeart Radio, 14 April 2020
- Josee St-Onge, “Who you gonna call? Alberta Ghostbusters join battle against COVID-19,” CBC.ca, 13 April 2020
- Edmonton AM, “From fighting ghosts… to helping fight COVID-19,” Mark Connolly, CBC Radio, 13 April 2020
- Scott Hayes, “Alberta Ghostbusters turn COVID-busters,” St. Albert Today, 9 April 2020
- Demi Knight, “Coronavirus: Alberta Ghostbusters create medical equipment for health-care professionals,” Global News, 8 April 2020
- Le café show, “L’aide de l’Alberta Ghostbusters pour fournir du matériel médical,” Benoît Michaud, ICI Radio-Canada, 7 avril 2020
- Daniel Austin, “Alberta Ghostbusters answering the COVID-19 call,” Calgary Herald, 6 April 2020